Random Acts of Kindness

I had just gone through airport security in Philadelphia when I was approached by a sweet looking lady. She handed me a beautiful red flower and wished me a Happy Valentine’s Day with a huge smile on her face. She also had a whole bouquet to share with other passengers.

This random act of kindness made my day, and I bet other people were also positively affected by it as well.


Sometimes we forget the big impact our small gestures can have on others. Going out of your way to do something nice and unexpected for someone can mean so much to them.

This is especially true as a titleholder. Little things like offering a smile to someone, signing an autograph for them, complimenting them, or getting to know their name and a little about them can go a long way.

One of my favorite things about being Miss Teen International is the opportunities the title gives me to make others feel special. Nothing brings me more joy than knowing something I did made a day better for someone else.

I am now extra motivated to do something nice for someone! Pay it forward and always remember to be kind. You never know what people are going through. Who knows, your simple act of kindness could change someone’s day, week, or life!



If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts