The Do's and Do Not's of Traveling

Let’s talk about some of my favorite things… traveling and airports! The job of Mrs., Miss, or Miss Teen International entails lots of trips, many of which will be via plane. I am on my 8th flight of 2015 and it’s just the beginning of February, and I’m currently writing this blog from 10,000 feet. I have some major Do’s and Do Not’s to share when it comes to flying, preparation, and airport safety.

Do:

-Try to pack light! I think I could write a novel titled, “Confessions of an Overpacker” haha. However, I have been working on it! Something that has really helped me is making a check list of things I need to bring before I begin the packing process. It’s an easy way to eliminate things you can live without for a few days and also helpful in remembering everything you need to bring on your trip!

Almost all of these were my bags for Miss Teen International this past summer!!

-Snap a picture of you in your sash before embarking on your travels at the airport! It is fun to document your journey with airport pictures. Here are a few of mine so far this year:



-Arrive early! The last thing any of us needs is the added stress of missing a flight. Give yourself plenty of time to check your bags and get through security.

-One of the greatest decisions I have ever made was getting TSA Pre-Check. I get to skip the long security lines and don’t have to take off coats, shoes, or belts. I save so much time when I fly!


Do Not:
-Post a photo stating your location if you are traveling alone. Make sure your Location Services are off before you post. Be smart and be safe.

-Put your crown in a suitcase that will be checked!!! I promise you will leave the baggage claim your beautiful crown in more than one piece. I recommend carrying it in a device like a Caboodle. Check out my previous blog titled, “Crown Care” for more tips on this subject.

-Wait until the last minute to book your flight if at all possible. The International Queens are very blessed to receive a travel allowance as a part of their prize package, but I recommend using it wisely.


Being jet set regularly is one of the many perks the International Pageants has to offer! Stay safe, plan well, and have fun as you travel!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts