Virginia International Pageant

This weekend I had the privilege of attending the Preteen, Miss, & Mrs. Virginia International Pageants. The director, DeShawn, put on a great show, & her husband was wonderful as the emcee! He has such a smooth voice, I loved just hearing him speak.

All of the contestants did a fabulous job portraying not only their beauty, but their love for this system. The Miss winner really caught my attention during her on-stage answer because she mentioned how much she loves the International system. She went on to say that this pageant really tries to teach the contestants that winning is really about the people in your community and what you can do for them. What a wonderful way to describe it! And I know she does just that because she is a member of the Army Reserve (and has the abs to prove it!)


I loved getting to spend time with Shannon, Juliana, and the outgoing queens Tamika and Heather as well.





I’m excited for both of the girls to begin their journey representing their state and their platforms. I have no doubt they will both make us proud! Good luck, girls!


Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts