Q & A with Miss International 2010

Howdy! Usually I would answer questions that are sent to me with a video blog, but I’m a little under the weather. This crazy weather changing is getting to me! So here are a few of the questions that I’ve gotten from you guys, & I wanted to answer.


What is your favorite part of competition & how do you prepare?

My favorite part of competition is interview. I love that this is where the judges really get to know me, & it’s a chance for me to talk about my platform and what I’ve been doing with it. I usually prepare for interview by asking myself questions in the car & practicing my answers aloud.

Do I need to have experience to compete at my state pageant?

No! Absolutely not. It’s never too late to do your first pageant, and the International Pageant system welcomes girls who have never competed before. The official sponsors – The Competitive Image, Susie Bootz – will help with anything you need from wardrobe to walking to speaking on stage. You can also contact your state queen & talk to her about her title and what she did to prepare for the pageant. If you are passionate about a cause and want to compete, contact your state director! You won’t regret it!

How do you get involved in your community?

Sometimes getting involved can be difficult, but don’t give up! Look up the head of whatever organization you want to be involved in, and give them a call! Moving to a new city I didn’t know anyone to inform me of events happening around me that I can be a part of. Using trusty “google” I have found events going on in my area and called the person in charge asking how I can help. Just remember to keep your goal in the forefront of your mind and always work towards it! Good luck!

Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts