Children’s Story Time at the National Library


On the morning of December 29th, I was the guest reader at story time for 2-3 year olds at the library in our Nation’s Capitol. This event was scheduled for me by my fabulous public relations agency, WKPR from Chicago.




Zoe and Denise O’Handley, both of WKPR, have been wonderful supporters of me during my reign. It has been a real luxury to have a public relations agency to promote not only me and my platform, but also the International System.




Story time was well attended as the word had been disseminated that Miss Teen International was going to be the guest reader this morning. There were at least 30 2-3 year old children, even though it fell during the holidays and we were warned that it may not be well attended.




I read them stories and then I joined in to sing “If you’re happy and you know it” and play with them. They wanted to be “princesses” too, so I let them try on my crown and told them that they too could one day be Miss Teen International, or whatever else they dreamt of being!





Unfortunately, after about an hour, I had to leave to rush home and make final preparations for my “pageant prep seminar.” This was a busy but very fulfilling day for me as Miss Teen International 2010!

Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts