Social Media

Let me start by saying that social media and I are in a love/hate relationship. It has completely changed the way we communicate with each other. It’s a brilliant and easy way to connect with people from all walks of life and all over the world, but have we become too wrapped up in the online world?

I love my Instagram. I love to take pictures, look at pictures, and edit pictures so it’s by far my favorite social media network. If I let myself I could spend hours on this one site and never get bored. This is the down side to social media. Yes, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr and every other site out there are all wonderful assets to have, especially if you are involved within an organization, but we have to limit how long we are spending on these networks.

The online world isn’t real life. While it’s a great way to keep in touch with friends, family, and your community it simply isn’t real life. So many people have become impersonal when on the internet and often ponder saying or posting something that they would never say or do in the real world.

We live in a fast paced world where we immediately know when something has happened and we are constantly being hammered with new information. In this crazy mesh of ideas and news, we have to stay grounded.

As hard as this may sound, let’s set our phones down, log off the computers, and turn off the Tvs‘. Let’s talk with each other face to face! Let’s go outside and get active together! We are the only ones who can keep our bodies healthy so don’t be a couch potato!

With this said I challenge you to log off of this computer and go spend time with your family and friends. Go outside! Have fun! Live the healthy life you want to live!

Love,
Haley

Comments

Popular Posts