My Crowning Moment

My first walk as Mrs. International 2013!

Words cannot explain what it felt like when I became the new Mrs. International 2013. I may never be able to find the right words to describe it and for so many reasons.

For years I have come to watch Mrs. International.  Whether it be with friends or to cheer on friends; it has been an annual tradition. I understand the high caliber of ladies who are a part of this system.  Then I was able to spend a week getting to know the ladies who are part of our 2013 class. During the Saturday rehearsals, we listened to each other speak about our platforms and what lead us to them.  What strong women who had triumphed insurmountable circumstances! It brought me to tears along with just about everyone else out of inspiration and admiration.

In the dressing room with some of the most amazing ladies from around the world!

There were so many great moments during our week.  I began writing to you about our week together and realized I would have to break it down in to smaller pieces or you would be reading it for the next…well, week.  Aside from seeing my family and friends in the audience, one of my MANY favorite moments was during finals night.  Those of us who had just been called from the top 15 to the top 10 had but a few minutes to change in to fitness.  This is a workout in itself! So, I came flying down the stairs into our dressing room for Group “C” and there waiting for me were several of my classmates.  I am tearing up right now just thinking about them.  I stood there as everyone buzzed about me, helping me get dressed.  I had two people putting in my earrings (at the same time), while another helped get my feet into shoes. Someone else guided my arms into the correct holes of the top. I can only imagine how it must have looked! Yet, it was perhaps one of the sweetest (yet hectic) moments I have witnessed in a long while. So generous and helpful and knowing our class, it was not a surprise.

The magnitude of becoming Mrs. International 2013 is hard to explain. What this year will allow me to do on behalf of CASA is simply mind-boggling.  And considering each one of my classmates and what they are doing in their communities makes me extremely proud and diligent in my job to represent us all this year.

And I thank the International Pageants system.  None of this would be possible without Mary and Mel Richardson and their loyal staff who work tirelessly throughout the year so we could have such a wonderful experience and a year of great potential.  And for me, I can never truly thank the very large circle of family, friends, and cheerleaders I have in my life. Their encouragement and advice has been instrumental.  The support I have received from CASA and like-minded organizations reminds me always of why I must do everything I can to make the most of every single opportunity this year.

ALL of that was all swirling about me as we all returned to the stage for the opening of the envelope. Once I heard them say, “The new Mrs. International is Mrs. Illinois…Amy Gregorio,” my brain briefly checked out and then returned once I saw my sweet husband walking toward me on-stage. It is an honor.  It is a privilege.  And it is phenomenal.

Be the change,

Amy Gregorio 
Your Mrs. International 2013


Comments

Popular Posts