Back to School Bash

I had the opportunity to be the opening speaker for Disney Channel’s Next Big Thing star, Coco Jones! The SBS Cancer Foundation hosted this Back to School Bash in Little Rock. I got to sign autographs, watch my friends from my dance studio perform, and touch on ways to create safe, bully-free environments this school year!



My hometown sure is beautiful!

Bullying is a topic near and dear to my heart. I have experienced first hand how much of a problem this is in today’s society. Sadly, I am not the only one. Over 3.2 million students a year experience the pain, isolation, and lack of confidence that comes with being verbally or physically put down.

At the concert I shared three ways that students can help promote anti-bullying:

Speak up. Whether you see someone else being bullied or it is happening to you, it is vital to tell a trusted adult about the situation.

Reach out. Sometimes the thing a victim of bullying needs the most is a good friend. Offer a listening ear and a smile. I promise, it can make a HUGE impact!

Encourage diversity. Don’t be afraid of someone that is different than you! By promoting a school culture of acceptance, tolerance, and respect, several cases of bullying will be eliminated.



It is so important to use your words to encourage others, remember that social media is for sharing not putting others down, and most importantly to treat others the way you want to be treated!!!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts