My Buddies!

They aren’t kidding when they say, “It’s more than just baseball!” Being a buddy at the Miracle League for the past two years has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Nothing makes me happier than interacting with these incredible little athletes! The coaches and staff tell you how much of an impact you will have on the baseball players when you register, but honestly they are the ones that have had such a strong impact on me. The positive energy, collaboration, and excitement at the ballpark is contagious!!!

Bella was so excited to try on my crown!

I had a blast being Eli’s buddy!

Jakayla was so much fun to play with!

The coolest part of this organization to me is that these children are overcoming obstacles to achieve their goals! Many people think that only the “typical athlete” can really be active. However, every game day these kids come out and prove that judgment wrong! It isn’t about being a certain height, having a particular build, or even your skill level at a sport that makes you an athlete. It’s about the desire to want to play and his or her persistence that counts! The children at the Miracle League don’t let their disabilities hold them back but instead work even harder to overcome the odds. It is truly inspiring!

They were in awe of my crown! It was so cute!


If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts