The Best Date You'll Ever Have


I genuinely love going on dates with my handsome man. I really enjoyed the idea of getting dressed up, putting on my best, and having a special date where we can just continue getting to know each other and how to serve each other better. He’s taken me to some really phenomenal places and I’m so thankful for the work he’s put in to plan all our special dates.

However… with all that being said…

I think the best date we can ever have is with ourself. The world is constantly on the go and moving around us… we don’t have control of it. When we get caught up in the rat race, it’s easy to become overwhelmed… stressed… and unlike ourselves. I’ve learned, overtime, the importance of taking myself on dates. I often call them “Jesus Dates” because it’s my time to go somewhere and just spend time with the my heart’s ultimate love.

Recently, I was in London and experienced one of my most developmental Jesus dates I’ve ever had. As some of you all know, I’ve battled anxiety for many years. It usually stays at bay but when I am going to a new country I’ve never been to and have to be by myself for a few hours… it sparks back up. I was so nervous about spending the day exploring London all by myself but when I reframed it to a “Jesus Date” or “Amanda Date”… everything shifted. I ended up walking 16 (yes sixteen, 1-6, 10+6) miles that day. I had my little list of places I wanted to visit, popped in the latest songs from the Passion Band, and walked my little self all across the city. I honestly loved every moment of it. Dates with yourself, where you get to know who you are (strengths, weaknesses, everything) on a deeper level are truly special and the best dates you can possible have. They enable you to love others better.

It was a huge day for me. Not only did I overcome the lies from the enemy and keep my anxiety at bay, but I had an entire day to spend with Jesus and my thoughts. There I was… walking in front of Buckingham Palace just bee-bopping along and praying in my head. I received a lot of clarity and comfort knowing that even though I was thousands of miles away from my sweet little Atlanta home… and all by myself… I was being held by my Creator.

“Amanda Dates” or “Jesus Dates” can happen in any city, but it just so happens that God needed me out of my element to really deeply listen to what He was wanting do to in my heart and through my life. As Miss International, I travel 2-3 weeks out of every month… but I intentionally schedule dates with myself and Jesus during because otherwise they will slip through the cracks. If I want something to happen… it has to get scheduled on my calendar. I’m not a “fly by the seat of my pants” kind of person… and being Miss International has made me even more of a fan of keeping a precise calendar.

I challenge you to date yourself. Go to a movie alone, take yourself to get a french-press coffee, and free your mind to truly listen. You have an entire lifetime with you and the more you know yourself… the better you can love and serve others through your true beauty and life.

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts