Holocaust Memorial Day

This past July when I had a little bit of down time during the 2011 Miss Teen International pageant in Chicago, I toured the Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center. I could have spent an entire day there, learning about this devasting event in history and remembering the victims of this tragedy.


January 27th is Holocaust Memorial Day and International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust. I encourage you to take a moment and pause for these silent victims today. 
Hitler’s “Final Solution” was to kill all German Jews, as well as Gypsies, Jehovah’s Witnesses, the mentally and physically disabled, and anyone who resisted Nazi power, in order to restore Germany after the harsh reparations placed on them after World War I.

11 million people suffered but the sympathizing hearts are countless.

Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts