Resurrection 2012

Over 5,000 teens from all over East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia gathered in Gatlinburg, TN this past weekend for one incredible experience: Resurrection 2012! Resurrection is a Christian youth conference held annually since 1985 to remind teens that they are not alone in their walk with Christ.


Even though the weather was rainy, the clouds didn’t stop us from having an incredible worship experience! Reggie Dabbs was our speaker. He is a foster care child and grew up dealing with suicide. His message to us was that no matter where we come from or what your past is, God has a new path set out for you. Not only was he absolutely hilarious, but he related with well with us. One of my favorite Christian bands performed as well-Leeland! Saturday night they took over the stage and led us in worship. It was such a great experience to sing to our God with such an awesome band.

My friend, Courtney Woolwine, came along with me! I am so thankful that she was able to be there to experience the conference with me!

Over 5,000 people squished together to worship 1 God!

During our free time, the girls in my youth group and I played games and snacked at our cabin. We played a game where one person would be blindfolded and had to apply makeup to her partner’s face! That was definitely a knee slapper!

Resurrection was a moving experience I am very thankful for. The new friendships that were made and fellowships that were shared is definitely something I will never forget. "And the man jumped up, grabbed his mat, and walked out through the stunned onlookers. They were all amazed and praised God, exclaiming, 'We've never seen anything like this before!'" -Mark 2:12

Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts