The Alliance for a Healthier Generation

The Alliance for a Healthier Generation was founded by the Clinton Foundation and the American Heart Association as a hope that the rising epidemic of childhood obesity could be stopped. It is an organization dedicated to rising up a generation of strong, healthy children.

That’s why, when I was asked to attend an event, I was honored. Not only that, but I would be a VIP guest!

The event took place at the Clinton Library in downtown Little Rock, AR. After arriving that afternoon, Bernee Thurow and I, were led to the VIP room where I had the opportunity to meet with the CEO of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Olympic Gold Medalist Derrick Adkins, and President Bill Clinton!

Derrick Adkins won a gold medal in the 1996 Olympics in the 100 meter dash.

The most exciting moment was when the President entered the room and I was able to meet him, shake his hand, and even take a picture with him. Unfortunately I do not have the picture of us together just yet, but as soon as I do get it I’ll be sure to post it!

We were then led to our seats in the crowded meeting room, which were reserved in the front row! There were several speakers, including the President, who addressed the progress made by the Alliance, congratulated schools who surpassed anyone’s expectations, and focused on the key points to continue the work that is being done around the world.




That night, a dinner was held outside the Clinton Library for all of the guests. There was live music and the most delicious food from the restaurant inside the Clinton Library called Forty Two.

By the time we had left, I had signed hundreds of autographs and taken hundreds of pictures! It seemed that everyone wanted to take home a signed picture to their school, all of them from around the nation!

It was an honor to attend this event and I hope that there will be more to come!

Love,

Haley Pontius
Miss Teen International

Comments

Popular Posts