Celebration at the Clinton Library

To celebrate winning the Miss Teen International pageant my parents and my state director, Bernee Thurow threw me a wonderful reception at the Clinton Library. It was fitting because my platform is the American Heart Association and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation which was founded by the Clinton Foundation and the American Heart Association!

The food was fabulous and the decorations were modern and chic. Bernee did a wonderful job at decorating the venue with the beautiful bouquets of flowers and the continuous slide show of Mollie’s, Quynci’s, and my journey from the Arkansas state pageant to the national pageant.


I was so excited to see everyone who came! Everyone from my friends and family to my hair stylist and personal trainer came! Everyone who helped me achieve my goal and become Miss Teen International was there. Without each of them, I wouldn’t be where I am today. That’s why, although this reception was thrown for me, I wanted to honor each person who was in that room as well. So, when I stood up to speak at the podium, I spent much of my time simply thanking each person for their support. And, although I didn’t expect it, I almost started to cry!


The party was more than I could have even asked for and I’m blessed to have the love and kindness of the people in my life. I’m grateful to have each and every one of them!

All my love,

Haley Rose Pontius

Comments

Popular Posts