Physical Activity

Sometimes life can seem so hectic and busy that we often forget or simply can’t make time for physical activity. This is something that we need every day, but often don’t get the amount that we really need.

Here are a few different ways I get in my exercise:
  • I have two specific days a week that I train with my personal trainer, Julie Blackwood. If you don’t have a trainer, but are a gym member, schedule times when you can go in and treat it like an appointment so you won’t put it off or forget.
  • I walk on the treadmill almost every day for at least 15-30 minutes. Getting in cardio is important and 15 minutes isn’t very long or hard to do. If you don’t have a treadmill, go for a walk! That’s even better!
  • I use Insanity a few times a week. Yes, this is the hardest workout ever put on DVD, but it really pushes you to progress. If you do not want to buy Insanity, then any other workout on DVD is sure to help you stay in shape. Even if you have to stop or you’re not going as fast as the people in the videos, remember they are professionals and you shouldn’t be able to do everything that they do right away.
  • Compromise and adjust to your surroundings. When I’m at school, for example, while reading and discussing a book with my classmates, I’ll lift heavy books in several different ways to work different muscles in my arms. Or while taking notes in class, I’ll lower and raise my legs under my desk to work my thigh muscles. Believe it or not, this actually works. Just take a look at your surroundings and think outside of the box!
  • I do crunches before bed every night. Start out with 30 and when you get comfortable add 10 more!

Physical activity isn’t always fun, but it’s something that makes us strong and healthy. It’s important to our everyday lives and our overall health in the long run. My best advice would be to make it a priority. If you do that it will be much easier to make time for it!

Haley Pontius

Comments

Popular Posts