The Perfect Pumpkins

With my pumpkins.

Every fall I take the kiddos to select the pumpkin of their choice.  This means a trip to Goebbert’s Farm in Barrington, Illinois.  Not only can one pick a pumpkin; one can also ride a camel, feed Giraffes and navigate the corn maze. We go for the wagon ride and the giant jumping pillow too. It’s festive and kind of exhausting.

Johnny has been diligently working on me to get one of their prized pumpkins...one of their 150 pound prized pumpkins. Yes, they will load it in to the truck for you, but then what?  How do you get it out of there once you get home? Although I am not a natural blonde, I could be mistaken for one sometimes.  I could not figure out how someone can lift one of those gigantic pumpkins when you can’t even get your arms around it.  Duh. After buying our prize, I learned the big secret. You roll it onto a large towel/burlap sack.  Then you and another person grab the corners and carry it. Now, about carving it…

Be the change!

Amy Gregorio
Your Mrs. International

Comments

Popular Posts