An Active Plan

Since I returned home from the National Pageant lots of people have asked me where I am going next and what my plans are for the upcoming year. After several weeks of thinking, planning, coordinating, and scheduling I can finally begin to answer this!

As Miss Teen International 2014, I plan to continue my work with Fuel Up to Play 60 in my own community and help promote the program on a national level. To do this I will visit many elementary and middle schools throughout the nation, attend kickoff events for the organization to help establish new FUTP60 programs and encourage students to start initiating “plays” from the playbook in their own community. I would also like to get sponsors to help me provide students around the globe with playground balls and jump ropes to encourage them to engage in fun forms of physical activity. I am very excited about the opportunities to make a difference in children’s health this partnership will provide!

I am also looking forward to making appearances on behalf of Go Red for Women! Six of Go Red’s “Life Simple 7” are about living healthier lifestyles. Half of my platform focuses on prevention of conditions like heart disease and stroke. By encouraging youth to be proactive, we can drastically reduce the number of people affected by heart disease later! A healthy heart is a happy heart.

The International Pageant system is opening so many doors for women. This year I plan to not only represent this organization, but to encourage more women from all over the world to become involved. I want everyone to know that through participation in this system females are encouraged to become positive role models, live with purpose, find their passion by developing a heart of service through her personal platform, and promote inner beauty. I am extremely ready for this year of service, and I plan to make the most of every second!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith

Comments

Popular Posts