Mrs. International 2013's Farewell

It has been a remarkable time, a phenomenal year and an extraordinary experience. Yet, it still does not fully describe life as Mrs. International 2013. A year ago, I was in a dressing room and rushing to get ready after making the top 15. Out of nowhere, three fellow contestants were suddenly helping me get dressed while another graciously put her earrings on me. That is what the International sisterhood is about. We support one another and the work we are accomplishing for the causes that drive us. And these women are a reason I am humbled to have had this year as Mrs. International. This system is the epitome of integrity and high standards. It elevates the opportunities we have in communities around the globe to help those who need a hand. It has been one of the highest honors for me to represent this world-class system and such dedicated women who are making a difference.


As Mrs. International, I have been able to travel throughout the United States and Internationally. There have been so many precious moments filled with inspirational people who serve as examples of how each of us can be the change that is needed.

It was a privilege to receive the “Friend of Children,” award from Prevent Child Abuse America and to help kick-off Child Abuse Prevention month. What a thrill it was to serve as the Grand Marshall for the largest Toys for Tots parade hosting 70,000 motorcyclists donating over 100,000 presents for children. And most importantly, I have been able to further promote the work and needs of Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for abused and neglected children. As a national ambassador for CASA, I have worked alongside our CEO at national events and was able to speak at the National CASA Conference. I have been touched by incredible stories of courage and faith while traveling on behalf of Go Red for Women and the American Heart Association.

All of this has been possible because of the International Pageant System. My love and respect will always be with Mel and Mary Richardson who are now a part of my family. There will never ever be a way to properly describe the gratitude I have for Mary Richardson Bill Richardson and the work that is done through the International Pageant system. You helped me give a voice to abused and neglect children who deserve to be heard. You have my profound respect and admiration for creating such a world-class system. Mary, thank you for your friendship and advice. I love you…


My husband, John, has been an unconditional source of support and encouragement. He has selflessly helped out this year while I have traveled 60 thousand miles and spent more than 800 hours serving this tremendous title. With two young children, he has always reassured me everything was okay back at home. Our children, Johnny and Ali, understand how important it is to be of service to others, even if it meant I couldn’t always tuck them in at night. It has been a joy to include them in some of this year’s events, like the Superhero Run for CASA in Pittsburg. They have been patient in sharing me with everyone and so proud.

Even from afar, my mom has been there to discuss every detail of this special time with me. My parents and our extended families have been so excited. My friends, who are like family, have been true and giving during this fast-paced year. Thank you to all who have been a part of this journey. And thank you Kelly and Shawn, our directors of chaos, for helping out during this year.


Michelle, Rona, Gerri, Jennifer, Jennifer and Lori…thank you for your continued friendship. Eddie, Shannon and Dee…you are a precious part of my life. Thank you Holly, Sarah and Gaspar for your pageant expertise and last minute help. Tim and Bill, thank you for your calls.


Jesse, you have become my much, much, younger sister who is lighting the world on fire. I loved sharing this year with you. Haley, you have so many exciting times ahead. Go chase those dreams!


Thomas and Drew, I am obsessed with you! Ha! Your hair and make-up talents are like none other…but even more than that...you are important to me.


Clay, you make me look the way you make me feel. Terri…you’re happiness and humor is contagious. Joey, you are a fairy Godfather…thank you for making me look the part of Mrs. International.

Cristen, thank you for diligently working to make sure the world knows what we queens are doing around the world! I admire everyone who is a part of International as you are helping us all create instrumental change throughout the world. The international staff made much of this year possible with the help of Cristen, Susanne, Susan and many others.

I want to thank National CASA and CASA programs around the country for helping me promote the importance of child advocates and the dire needs of the abused and neglected children we serve.

And as I exit stage left, I thank each person who has reached out to me this year with sweet notes of encouragement and those looking for advice. And while life may steady down a little, I will be busy with the work that needs to continue on behalf of CASA and other organizations I will now serve in larger capacities. We Queens just can’t seem to slow down! And with that said, I now hang up my heels and carefully place my crown on the shelf. The memories and experiences will always remain with me. I thank you for the overwhelming support and well wishes. It has been a charmed year. I commend these women of excellence and I welcome the New Mrs. International 2014, Maggi Thorne! You worked so hard for this. There is so much to embrace… I’m excited to see where life takes us.


Be the change!

Amy Gregorio
Mrs. International 2013.

Comments

  1. well said, amy. congrats on a successful reign. as i've said many times - it comes as no surprise to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE you

    ♡Miss Haiti International 2014

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts