My Last First Day...

On Monday of this week I posed for my annual first day of school picture bright and early before I left to meet my 600+ classmates at our Senior Breakfast. My mom said my photo album wouldn’t be complete without “one last one” and it would be really fun to look back at 30 years from now because I wasn’t wearing my usual cute back to school outfit. For this last one I was all decked out in black and gold. As Central High Seniors we have a right of passage tradition. We get to wear skirts, shorts, or pants made of gold lamé fabric for the first day of school as well as on Friday’s during football season. Lots of people even wear tiger ears in honor of our mascot!

 

I still can’t believe I am starting my senior year! It is definitely bittersweet knowing this is my last year before everything changes. Of course I am super excited to be a senior and all that comes with that privilege, but I’m also a little sad because life as I’ve known it for the past 17 years will change in 12 short months. I have to admit I’m nervous and a little unsettled about my future!

Everywhere I turn, people are asking me about my future plans, where I’m going to college and what I’m going to be. All I can say is, “ I don’t know for sure.” I’m grateful to have a stack of correspondence from colleges around the country but looking at the growing pile reminds me that I haven’t decided what I want to do or where I want to go. I know I have to make some decisions pretty quickly about the colleges that will be the best fit for me. I’m looking forward to making college visits this fall and applying to schools!


I’m happy to be back to school with my friends, participating in my favorite clubs, and to be part of the 2015 graduating class! I hope everyone’s first day of school was as great as mine! Here’s to a year of fun, good times, sweet friendships, precious memories, academic achievement and striving to be the best possible you!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts