Sightseeing in Philadelphia!

After attending The Moyer Foundations Champion’s for Children Luncheon I stayed an extra day to tour Philadelphia. This was my second time is Pennsylvania ( I went to Hershey, Pennsylvania as a child) but, my first time in Pennsylvania!

What was first of my list of this to see? Independence Hall! It is known primarily as the location where both the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were debated and adopted. The United States Declaration of Independence was approved there on July 4, 1776, and the Declaration was read aloud to the public in the area now known as Independence Square.

Independence Square

In front of Independence Hall!

Right across the street I found the Liberty Bell! The Liberty Bell is an iconic symbol of American independence. It acquired its distinctive large crack sometime in the early 19th century—a widespread story claims it cracked while ringing after the death of Chief Justice John Marshall in 1835.

In front of the Liberty Bell!

After viewing such monumental places in American History, I knew what was next…. Yep, you guessed it, a Philly Cheese Steak! Most of you may not know that I am a vegetarian, but on VERY RARE occasions I will try other foods. This was one of them. How could you come to Philadelphia and NOT try a Philly Cheese steak?

The cheese steak in all of its glory.

I can’t wait to share with you where I will venture to next! Safe travels!

Ignite your spark,

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts