Life as a SAHM and Mrs. International

Hey beauties! I just wanted to talk about my two completely different life (styles, literally) that I have going on right now. We have 3 young children that I have been fortunate enough to stay at home with since before they were born. I was on bedrest with the twins for 13 weeks, but that’s another story. I thought it would be fun to know what my days have been looking like since being crowned Mrs. International.

Being a mom and a stay at home mom has been the MOST rewarding job title I have ever had, but there are days when I have to choose to either do my hair or makeup. If we are being honest there are many days when I don’t even get the chance to choose between the two. Between running errands, taking care of the house, making sure everyone has had healthy meals and snacks, playing legos, babies, cars, DIRT, (yes! That’s apparently a game in our house), being a referee, and kissing boo boo’s there is not much left of me at the end of the day. My go to SAHM uniform is workout clothes that I more than likely didn’t get a chance to work out in yet. Not exactly what a crown goes with.


Point made, makeup check, hair bonk! Runny nose and a dance leotard that needed to be changed, but we had to be out the door right then.

Now, let’s turn the page and I’m Mrs. International 2015. I get to put on my full, soon to be Clay Spann cosmetics face, make sure my hair is as close to being perfect as I can get it so that the stunning Mrs. International crown can sit atop of it, wear beautiful dresses and trade in flip flops or tennis shoes for stilettos. Instead of singing the ABC song, I am now having a meaningful conversation with one of our nation’s greatest heroes or in a meeting discussing how to decrease the VA wait time for our veterans. My two job descriptions, and attire, couldn’t be more different.



My husband has a very demanding job and neither of our families live near us. Now that August has come to a close, along with my first month as Mrs. International, people have asked me how we are making it work. One of our judges asked me this same exact question. August kept us all extremely busy. At last count, I made 13 crown and sash appearances. We had and have a plan for our year and if we didn’t, GOD surely did. That’s why it is so important, if you do have children, to have a plan in place. Even if you don’t have children you still need a roadmap to get you from the beginning to the end. We are lucky to have found an amazing babysitter when we first moved to Texas. She has watched the boys since they were 10 months old and was one of the first people I told when we found out we were pregnant with our 3rd. She knew how her role would go from being a once in a while babysitter to being at our house 3, sometimes 4, times a week before I ever left for Florida.


If you are a new contestant, yes Mrs. Mary Richardson has already been conducting tons of interviews for 2016 contestants, or a returning contestant I cannot urge you enough to have a plan in place. Maybe even a Plan B or C just in case Plan A doesn’t work out. I wouldn’t trade either of my titles. They have all made a huge impact on my life and each been a blessing. I am honored to be called mom, mommy, mama and Mrs. International.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts