The Importance of a Handwritten Note

Do ya’ll love to get mail? I do! Not just packages, from shopping too much, but actual cards and letters from friends and family at times other than your birthday or a holiday. Just as I like to receive them, I probably love to send them even more! My grandmother instilled the importance of a handwritten note when I was very young. I think I wrote thank you’s to people that wrote me thank you’s for thanking me. Ha!

I was so excited when I received my 18 pound box from the International Pageants office that held my stationary in it. I had so many people on my list and couldn’t wait to get started. These days it is so much easier to send a quick text or email to say thank you rather than sitting down and writing out your note, looking up the address and going to the post office for more stamps (because my kids think they are just stickers and put them on anything). I promise you, the extra effort will not only make you feel better, but it will truly brighten someone’s day to know that you are thinking about them. Let’s not lose this tradition. My kiddos know that they have to write a thank you when they receive a gift so start getting your babies in the habit if you haven’t already.


As amazing queens that represent the International System, I know you all have so many friends, family, sponsors and judges you want to thank for helping to get you where you are today. It is never too late to send a thank you. Better late than never, after all. While you’re at it, stick one of your gorgeous autograph cards in the envelope too!

Until the Missions is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts