Creativity

During one of my English Composition classes this week, my instructor taught me four ways to become a better writer that I have chosen to use in my blogs as well, Voice, Audience, Purpose, and Form.
  1. Voice- Your personal writing style.
  2. Audience- “To whom are you writing?” A good paper, occurs when you are aware of the reader. If you plan to explain college to a six-year-old, you will not be successful if you use a large vocabulary. 
  3. Purpose- “Why am I writing?” When writing a paper, make sure to get your point across.
  4. Form- This is whether you are writing a persuasive, informative, argumentative, or research essay. 
Another student asked how they could become more creative in their writing. He responded by telling the class that there is no such thing as “more creative.” Each person has their own voice which I thought was interesting because in addition to writing voice he also meant no one has the same voice verbally. This makes us all different and unique. He brought to our attention that each of us are creative in our own way. This inspired me to let everyone know that being yourself is a wonderful thing, so be creative and use your voice in your own unique way!

Nothing is Impossible, the word itself says “I'm possible.”

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts