My First Photo Shoot as Miss International!

I just got back from Dothan, Alabama where I was truly treated like royalty during my first photo shoot as Miss International! I really got to know my wonderful director, Mary, and some of our amazing sponsors on a personal level as we spent a few days together! The International system really has the best of the best, and I'm truly thankful that the Lord has blessed me with an incredible pageant family.
My trip started with Ms. Mary and my sister queen, Farabe' picking me up from the airport and taking me to dinner! This was my first real opportunity to talk to Ms. Mary at great length since I won the crown, and she is truly an angel! Of course, any time I have with Farabe' is always so much fun!

It was early to bed for me as I got some much needed rest before my shoot the next day. Joey, from The Competitive Image, picked me up from the hotel and we were off to his amazing shop! There were dresses and sparkle everywhere! What I really loved is how they all took the time to see what would look best on me for the shoot. Then it was off to hair and makeup with the talented Clay Spann! What a joy to work with him! I put my trust in him that he would know what would look best for the photographs, but I also appreciated the fact that he let me have some input as well!

As I looked at some of the proofs, I was floored at what I saw coming through the camera lens. This is definitely not my first photo shoot, but it is my first wearing the crown and title of this magnitude. I got teary-eyed as I looked at the proofs as this has truly been a dream come true and I'm only in the 2nd month of my reign! I can't wait to see how the pictures turn out!


My trip ended with some great quality time with Ms. Mary and then finally getting to reunite with my teen sister, Jules! Being in separate states makes it harder for us to see each other, but I enjoy the moments I get with her!

I want to close by thanking the International family for your hospitality and all that you have already done for my sister queens and I! I am truly grateful!


All my love,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts