Holidays in the Big Apple

It is so fun to have family in a city that is completely different from where I grew up and where we currently live. We spent almost two weeks on Long Island, New York during Thanksgiving this year visiting my in laws and friends my husband grew up with. Justin was able to work a few days at his building in Manhattan, while the kids and I made our rounds visiting. I was also able to spend some time with a few of my bridesmaids that live in the city now, too!

I took the train into the city and navigated my way around pretty well all things considering. The city, as you can imagine, was very busy with the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade occurring in a few days and the increase in security because of that. Most of the windows were decorated for Christmas with lots of decorations. The rush, the people and the festive cheer is so exciting to be a part of.


Luckily, the weather was seasonably warm for New York this time of year. I did however Amazon prime heavier coats for the kids just in case, although they never even wore them. One day, we took all 6 of the grandchildren, 7 and under, to the park and played. I will say that this was our most fond memory from our time there. We all played red rover red rover, ran relay races and had our first annual Algor family football game.

The simple things like playing at a park with family you don’t get to see often is what makes this season even more special.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts