My Trip To Idaho - Part 2


Hello Everyone. Here are the Non- Veterans Day appearances I did while in Idaho! Again, I just love this state! Everyone is so warm and welcoming. Plus, I have lots of family that still lives there and It is always nice to have some family time.




Visiting Mrs. Benson's 5th grade class was a highlight of the trip. I love working with kids. First I was able to talk a little about my program Dancing Through the Pain as well as how important music has been in my life. There were lots of little violin players in that room, which always makes me excited. After speaking, we moved on to math time . I helped the kids learn basic division by playing a matching game.




I also had the chance to see the Capitol Christmas Tree. The tree is cut down in the Payette National Forest in Idaho then transported all the way to Washington D.C.! I was lucky enough to be able to not only see the tree, but sign the canvas that keeps it protected during its transportation to the capital. The tree is huge, if you get the chance to I recommend seeing the tree when it passes through a city near you. 


I had no idea that the American Heart Association and the Big Idaho Potato were connected. Idaho potatoes are certified by the American Heart Association for being a heart healthy food. I am happy to see these organizations working together to spread heart health awareness through the state of Idaho and beyond. 

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden

Garin Harris
Miss Teen International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts