The Story Of The Wasp



Walking down the beach and everything is beautiful and ideal.

The temperature is a comfortable 79 degrees Fahrenheit as I walk along the sand with my brother, Austin. From talking about upcoming family adventures and some of our favorite family memories… it’s a picturesque afternoon.

Until…

About half a mile away from our beach house, things took an unhappy turn.

He stepped on a giant wasp and the wasp was not happy about it. It got him right in the arch of his foot. Ouch is an understatement. Once he finally got it off his foot, the pain really set in. Austin is an amazing guy and in this moment my heart just ached for him. We laughed as it continued to hurt and we realized there was still a good distance until we got back to the house.

How often does this scenario become our reality? Things seem to be going well and then in all of a sudden we are struck by an unwelcomed surprise. We woke up expecting it to be a great morning and then in the blink of an eye... pain and hurt. I firmly believe that how we react to these situations really define who we are. When things are askew – can we keep our cool and move on?

I was so impressed with Austin. It hurt without a doubt – but then was able to laugh about it. I mean seriously… he stepped on a wasp… on a beach. What are the chances?

My friends and family will tell you that I often say “plot twist” when things like this come my way. I take a lot of peace knowing that… although I may not know what’s going to happen in a day… God sees it all. He gets the full perspective and I only see what’s right in front of me. I can’t get a full evaluation because I don’t see how all the pieces fit together – I’m not God, I can’t do that. However, I know our Father holds us all in His hands… and for me… there is no place I’d rather be.

Do you respond with confidence, peace, and faith? Or… do you respond out of fear, anger, anxiety? How many of us would have spent the entire afternoon bummed about the sting and allowed it to ruin the fun that could be had in the last portion of the walk?

I think our world would look very different if we responded with confidence, peace, and faith. I believe there would be significantly less disagreements, disappointments, and fear of what is next to come.

Our true beauty is able to radiate more brightly to others when we choose to laugh and trust… even when we’re stung by a wasp.

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts