Staying Organized


Many think that once you’re crowned… it’s the end… when in reality it is just the beginning. Life doesn’t slow down or stop after the competition… it actually only gets more busy.

I’ve found that stress actually causes me to be less productive. The more I am able to see my responsibilities and engagements… the less stress I have because I am crystal clear on what is expected.

On top of being Miss International and the duties that come with the job… I work full-time, run a non-profit, volunteer at Passion City Church, am in the process of planning a wedding, and mentor a number of young women. There are a lot of moving pieces but I love every moment of it. It’s easy to get stressed out when you look at a long list of events, but I’ve found a number of helpful tips to manage everything by being proactive and organized. With a little planning and prioritizing I am able to thrive in all facets of my life.

Today I’d like to share with you all some of my best practices for staying organized and thriving in everything you do.

Write It Down: There is no way to simply remember everything that needs to happen. Write it down as soon as you think of it or hear about it. At night I write down three things that must happen the next day and put it on a sticky note. Those things are done first thing in the morning and the rest comes after.

Prioritize: As much as I’d like to think I’m Superwoman and can do everything… I can’t. I try and decipher between wants and musts. With Christmas coming up… I WANT to decorate my apartment but first I MUST finish writing speeches for clients and work on an upcoming appearance.

Use A Planner: I am a huge fan of using Apple’s Calendar. My weeks are planned down to the hour with the use of this application. I also have calendars on there labeled: Miss International, True Beauty Movement, American Heart, Coaching & Consulting, Wedding, Family, and Personal. They are color coded and help me look at what is going on. I pre-schedule workouts so that I still have personal time and stay heart healthy.

What are you doing to stay organized throughout your year of service? Share your tips below so that we can all become more organized representatives!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts