Packing Tips


Okay I will admit, at the beginning of my journey as Miss Teen International I was terrible at packing. I have the problem that most girls have, overpacking. Somehow I could convince myself that I need to bring a ski jacket to Hawaii... okay that is a little dramatic but you understand my point! So from one terrible packer to another, here are my top tips on packing light.

1. Make a Plan
The worst thing possible is to start throwing clothes in your suitcase. Make a plan. How many days will you be gone? What do you need for those days?

2. Stick to the Plan
Now that you have made a plan, stick to it. If you feel like you need to bring extra clothes, bring one extra outfit that goes with a pair of shoes you have already packed.

3. Basics are the Best
I like to go for basic shoes and jewelry, unless it is a really special outfit. I usually travel with a pair of nude shoes and a pair of clear ones. They tend to go with everything and allow there to be more room in my suitcase for more clothes!

4. Tote Bags
Instead of bringing a bunch of carry ons, I like to stick with my one big tote bag from Title Wear! I can fit my crown case, purse and any extra goodies in that tote bag. This makes for an easier managed load while trying to make it through the airport!

I hope these tips helped turn packing into a less stressful situation!

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden

Garin Harris
Miss Teen International

Comments

Popular Posts