Books in Baltimore!

This past Friday I had the honor of working with Reach Out and Read to do a site visit at the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center!  I was even featured on WBALTV NBC in Baltimore. Johns Hopkins Children’s Center has consistently been ranked one of the best in the nation and after visiting, I know why.  It is a one stop shop that is committed to making sure that children are not only physically healthy, but that they have the resources that they need to succeed.   A big part of that is Johns Hopkins’ partnership with Reach Out and Read.  The goal is to encourage early literacy and to make literacy a family affair. 
 
Although it was early in the morning, I had a very good audience.  We read a number of books, including one of my personal favorites, How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms? by: Jane Yolen & Mark Teague

A very special thank you to Andrea Pyatt-Johnson (pictured here), Judith Forman and Deanna McCray James for making my visit possible.

I look forward to continuing my work with Reach Out and Read! Please check out Reach Out and Read’s Facebook Page to learn how to get involved or to just keep up to date.
Best,
Ciji Dodds
Miss International 2011

Comments

Popular Posts