National Book Festival

I, along with NFL star Chris Draft opened the 2nd day of the National Book Festival with reading and physical activities!  As part of Chris Draft’s Let’s Read, Let’s Move initiative, I read a story and then we all participated in physical activities modeled after NFL drills.

I even joined in on the action!

Afterwards, we autographed pictures and visited with our fans.  I am always humbled by the support that I receive.  I think kids have a bling radar and when they see a crown they go nuts!



Then it was off to the Press Tent to be interviewed.  I had a great time promoting First Book and Reach Out and Read, as well as sharing a little bit about my journey to becoming Miss International.


Lucky me!  I bumped into one of my favorite authors, Terry McMillian! She was very kind…until she asked for my crown!

Enjoying a quick chat with author Terry McMillian

Finally, I got a chance to explore the Festival and visit with the participants!

Two teachers that I met who were at the Festival to gather resources for their students.

There is always one little girl in the bunch who wants to be a pageant queen!

The Magic School Bus!! I loved reading these books when I was a child!  You can only imagine my excitement when I saw the bus!

I had a fantastic time at the National Book Festival!  This annual event is a great opportunity for people of all ages to explore the world of books.  It is definitely on my calendar for next year!  
Happy Reading!
Ciji Dodds
Miss International 2011

Comments

Popular Posts