Heart Walk

There is no better way to bring in the holiday season by embracing the new change in weather and wearing red! That is exactly what Jurnee's Journey Heart Walk team did at the Tri-Cities TN/VA American Heart Association 2011 Heart Walk! The weather was perfect for a walk around Northeast State College! The entire community went red and supported the fight to end heart disease! It is especially and honor to be the Teen Ambassador for the Tri-Cities AHA and I am so elated to be a part of this movement!

Signing on the heart in honor of my Papaw Allen and Papaw Tipton!

Many thanks go out to the team members: Kimberlyn King, Tiana Dockery, my mother, my father, my brother, my sister, my granny, and the reason I was walking, my papaw. Also thank you to Jeff Kasner, Mimi Vest, Michael Gilbert, Jessica Glasscock, Pamela Benzer and Tiffany Porter for contributing to the walk as well! We raised $1,000 for the AHA!
My Papaw Allen received a survivor medal! Well deserved!

Laughlin Hospital was the #1 fund raising team for the heart walk!

Getting active and heart healthy!

The American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes of exercise per day to stay heart healthy. What a better way to get active than to walk!

Networking with the President of Northeast State College, Janice Gilliam

These girls were so adorable! We talked about their awesome face painting designs and what they were going to be for Halloween!

The Heart Walk was a huge success and I can't thank my team members and the community enough for going red and walk to raise awareness of heart disease!

Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts