My New Year’s Resolution

“Resolution” is defined as: a resolve or determination; to make a firm resolution to do something; the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc. Each year millions of people make New Year’s resolutions. Whether it is to lose weight, grow stronger in their religion or to simply spend less, the basic concept is simple. We all want to do better and be better people. The year’s end is prime time to take stock of the good, the bad, the beautiful and the beautifully imperfect, with hopes that the next year will be better. 

This is the first year that I am making a New Year’s Resolution. Strange I know. I’ve never really been one to sit down and write out my goals or in this case, a resolution. But after a dynamic year full of growth and possibilities, I’ve realized one thing; the only thing that you can count on is change. How you adapt to it and prepare for it is up to you. With that being said, my single New Year’s Resolution is to change the way that I view the world. A realist by nature and pragmatist by education and training, I see the world as it is, in hi-res. In 2012, I want to see the world through rose colored glasses. Optimism is the essence of faith based living. My hope is that my journey will lead me to a place where my faith is strengthened and my vision, although a tinted in pink, is clearer than before. 

Happy New Year!

Ciji Dodds
Miss International 2011

Comments

Popular Posts