The Biggest Lesson That I've Learned

Everyone’s pageantry journey is different.  I’ve had my fair share of highs and lows but the one thing that has remained constant is that I’ve had a set of cheerleaders who have encouraged me every step of the way.  I often joke that they are Team Ciji.  We have a team bus.  Either you are on the bus or you are off the bus, but no matter what, the bus keeps going and will reach its destination.  I have seen my fair share of criticism, some deserved and some undeserved, but the biggest lesson that I’ve learned is  best articulated by Joel Osteen in his book Every Day A Friday.  That lesson is to Stay the High Road.

He said it best.  “Don’t be distracted.  God has already lined up the right people to celebrate you, the right people who will cheer you on and help you fulfill your destiny.  If you want to live in victory, you have to be very careful with your time and attention.”  The older I get and the more I encounter peaks and valleys, the more I realize that this statement is true.  I felt compelled to share this with you all because I know what it feels like to compete.  I know what it feels like to give your all and constantly strive to be and give your best, only to be criticized.  No matter what, don’t be disheartened.  As long as you are kind and work hard, you will be blessed.

All the Best,

Ciji Dodds
Miss International 2011

Comments

  1. Miss Wales InterantionalJuly 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

    Hiya everyone please like my Miss Wales International please, I need you help to get as many votes and likes pretty please. Please follow the link to vote :) thankyou so much lots of love bevy X
    http://www.miss-international.us/voting.php?id=479

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts