Advice from a Tree
A close friend of mine posted this image on facebook and I was struck by how profound it is. I grew up with pine and magnolia trees towering above me. I always knew that there was something majestic but, I never could put my finger on it. When I saw this image, I had an “Aha!” moment.
1. Stand Tall and Proud: My favorite song when I was little was “This little light of mine.” I didn’t understand it until I got older. Don’t be ashamed of your light. Stand tall and proud in who you are and don’t be afraid to share your gifts with the world.
2. Go Out on a Limb: Ever climb a tree and get to the point where you want to turn back, but you realize that you’ve come too far so you might as well go for it? So you keep going until you reach the perfect limb, go out on it, and all of a sudden it makes sense. The view is spectacular and you are proud of your accomplishments. Life is a lot like that. Every now and then, go out on a limb, you will amaze yourself and be stunned by the view from a higher vantage point.
3. Remember Your Roots: Never forget where you come from. Your roots are your foundation. They provide you with stability and show you how far you have come. They also remind you of the people who are really important, those friends and family members who have been by your side every step of the way.
4. Drink Plenty of Water: Nourish yourself from the inside out. Take care of yourself. You only have one body, treat it as your temple.
5. Be Content with Your Natural Beauty: There is, nor will there ever be anyone exactly like you. Embrace it!
6. Enjoy Life: You only live once, make it the memorable
Great advice from a tree eh!
Miss International 2011