My First Appearance in Hoyt Lakes, Minnesota

There are many “firsts” in a life time…one of which I will always treasure was my first official appearance as Mrs. International 2012! Joe and I drove four hours from Minneapolis to a little town in Northern Minnesota called Hoyt Lakes. This once thriving mining town has been struggling to stay alive since the mines closed, and yet they come together and celebrate their community every July.


For many years the reigning Mrs. Minnesota has made the drive to participate in the Hoyt Lakes Water Festival, and the individual responsible for keeping the connection alive is Robert “Bart” Bartholomew.  Since this appearance was already on my schedule, my director Allison Stavrakis sent Bart a message letting him know Mrs. Minnesota would not be attending, but he would be getting Mrs. International as his guest!

 
 
From the moment we arrived, Joe and I were treated like royalty. We were given lovely accommodations at a cozy inn, treated to the Hawaiian themed buffet, and even though Mother Nature was not cooperating, the event was a success under the community pavilion.


I am pictured with Bart and other residents of this charming community. I sincerely want to thank the town of Hoyt Lakes for their warm & wonderful reception.

With love,

Sarah Bazey
Mrs. International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts