Plans for 2012

The most common question I have been asked since returning to my hometown of Dothan, Alabama is: Has it finally set in that you won yet? Actually, I think it has! The past few weeks have been a whirl-wind of parties, photo shoots, and LOTS of unpacking. Now that I am finally settled back in, it’s time to get to “work”!

My plans as Miss Teen International 2012 are to continue my work with the Miracle League and Shane’s Inspiration. My big goal for the year is to create a promotional video for the Miracle League to show at speaking engagements and to send to news stations so that more children and families can learn about and enjoy the benefits of playing baseball! I hope to involve players, buddies, volunteers, directors, and family members so that I can capture the perspective of everyone involved in the program. I was also recently invited to visit the Miracle League National Headquarters, which I am extremely excited about! I will, of course, still continue to attend monthly Play Club sessions on Dothan’s Shane’s Inspiration playground. Also, baseball season begins in the spring, which means that Miracle League sign-ups are just around the corner. I encourage you all to find a Miracle League program or Shane’s Inspiration playground to become involved with. It has been, by far, the most rewarding experience of my life!

Also, I cannot wait to begin working with my local chapter of Go Red! Although the International system’s partnership with the American Heart Association focuses primarily on heart health for women, everyone is affected by heart disease! Over fifty percent of children with Down’s syndrome are born with various types of congenital heart disease.

While I am extremely excited about being able to wear the International crown, I am most excited about all of the doors my title has already opened for me! Thank you all for the support you have already shown me!

Love always,

Caroline Crowley

Comments

Popular Posts