Happy Anniversary to My Husband

Around 10:30pm on October 2, 2003, I dialed my Mother’s phone number from a hotel room in Las Vegas, Nevada. When she answered the phone, it was clear she may have already gone to sleep, but the news I had to share was worth waking her up. I said, “Mom…Joe and I just got married!”


The second call was to Joe’s parents, and then a few other family members to share our news. The responses were unanimous with a mix of elation, shock, and many tears of joy! My mother couldn’t sleep she was so excited, therefore, she started making calls at 4:00 in the morning to family and friends.

A few months earlier, when Joe proposed to me, it was a complete surprise as we had been a couple for many years and both agreed we were happy with our independence. Maybe even more surprising to me, was the fact that I didn’t hesitate to say “yes,” and knew with every inch of my being this was the right answer. No “buts,” no “what ifs,” or any other form of negotiation within my head or my heart. He is a good man, completely grounded, confident in who he is, handsome, and I trust, respect, and love him with all that I am.

We eloped at Joe’s request, which I agreed to as long as we could share a ceremonial wedding and celebration with our closest loved ones someplace spectacular…which is exactly what we did! Our wedding at “Forever Grand” in the MGM Grand Hotel was officiated by a wonderful minister, and the pianist also served as our witness. The experience was so very intimate and romantic, with our favorite music, beautiful flowers, and no distractions…just us! One year later, on October 2, 2004, Joe and I were married again at the Chateau D’Esclimont just outside Paris, France. If you want to take a peak: http://www.grandesetapes.fr/en/Chateau-hotel-esclimont/.

The first part of our trip was spent taking in the sights of Paris with 22 loved ones. Before departing for the castle, our groom’s dinner was held on cruise on the Seine River, which we boarded near the Eiffel Tower and were treated with unforgettable views of Notre Dame, Le Louvre, Le Musée d’Orsay, and many more sites of the most romantic city in the world!

The date of October 2nd was selected because my parents were married on October 2, 1948. Just yesterday my Mom turned to me and said, “How long have we been married?” The comment was so sweet…as she lost the love of her life (and the greatest father ever) to a heart attack in 1995. Sharing this special date with my late father, my mother, and Joe for the rest of my life simply makes me smile.


The union of marriage can be so amazing and its essence is celebrated in the Mrs. International Pageant System! For those of you reading this blog, I wish for you the blessing of a relationship that allows you to be your best, a relationship filled with trust, respect, and most importantly…love.

Happy Anniversary Joseph!

All my love,

Sarah Bazey
Mrs. International 2012

Comments

  1. Beautiful story Sarah to go with a beautiful couple. We all love you as much as you obviously love Joe. Congratulations.

    Bruce Harris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts