Tiara Magazine Presents – The Live Out Loud Charity Fashion Show!


Sherrie Gearheart is the editor and owner of Tiara Magazine and the Live Out Loud Charity. Her charity promotes the awareness and prevention of suicide. It was inspired by a childhood friend who’s life was taken much too soon. At the age of 24, it is easy to say that Sherrie is an incredibly motivated and accomplished young woman with a great future ahead of her. The suicide awareness and fashion show she put together was passionate, emotional, informative, fun and glamorous all at he same time. Over 60 beauty queens came to support Sherrie, her magazine, and her non-profit organization.


I found a few familiar faces and friends when I arrived at the Medinah Shriners in Addison Illinois: Saryna Ritter, Miss Illinois International 2012 and Simi Bharaj, Miss Teen Canada International 2012 were both at this event. I had a fantastic time catching up with them. Saryna and I became great friends at the International pageant and I was thrilled to hear how her reign was going. She has such a lovely and warm personality. It was so nice being able to reunite with her. Along with my two International sisters, I got the opportunity to speak with beauty queens from all over the county and even a few international travelers. One titleholder came all the way form Ireland just to support the Live Out Loud Charity! There were so many beautiful and inspiration women of all ages. Meeting women like that always gets me energized and motivated to continue making a difference by volunteering and promoting my platform.


Myself, along with the other beautiful titleholders got to walk the runway just like the real models! It was so fun! I have organized, emceed, and produced fashion shows before but I have never had the opportunity to strut my stuff on the runway.  I was nervous backstage bouncing with excitement and anticipation much like I feel before a pageant.

It was a fantastic night filled with love and support for Sherrie and her mission to “Live Out Loud!” Thank you so much for inviting me to be apart of this night where charity, volunteering, fashion, glamour, and beauty queens came together to shed light on such an important cause.

For more information about the Live Out Loud Charity, Fashion Show, or Tiara Magazine or a list of designers and vendors presented in the 2012 show check out:
www.TiaraMag.net
www.LiveOutLoudCharity.org

All my love,

XOXO
Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts