Creating Appearances

I often get asked how to contact organizations to either make an appearance or to create a relationship with. My answer is simple: CALL THEM, EMAIL THEM, or GO VISIT THEIR OFFICE! As a titleholder you are responsible for creating your own appearances especially if you are at large. Thanks to last year's Miss International, Jesse Ladoue, we are now aware of Volunteer Match, a fantastic organization that will connect you with events and non profits who are looking for volunteers in your area!

Do not be afraid to host your own fundraisers or events to promote your platform as well! As a city titleholder I held a "heartbeat" event that not only raised money for the American Heart Association but gave me an opportunity to share my families story of heart disease and ways to prevent it with the attendees!

Selling raffle tickets at the fundraiser I created as a local titleholder!

It's important to remember that even if there isn't anything going on for your platform, that you can volunteer with other organizations! Don't be afraid to branch out and make connections!

Being interviewed by the Dallas news about my platform even though I was at an event for a completely different organization! Never turn down opportunities because you never know where they can lead!

Ignite your spark,

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts