The "Heart Beat" of the International Pageants

The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women is the International Pageant System’s platform. They are dedicated to heightening awareness about the number one killer of women. Believe it or not, heart disease is more deadly than all forms of cancer combined, and it affects approximately 43 million American women. Through CPR training classes, countless annual fundraisers, luncheons, Heart Walks, Heart Balls and more, the American Heart Association is promoting advocacy and continually striving to help people lead happy, heart healthy lives.

I love Go Red for Women!

My involvement with this incredible association began many years ago when I became CPR and First Aid certified to obtain my babysitter’s certification. I have proudly renewed it several times since then. Once I began competing in the International Pageant system I was thrilled to learn that Go Red for Women was the cause I would help promote! As a titleholder I’ve had the opportunity to volunteer at the Go Red for Women Luncheon this past spring and take part in a weeklong internship with AHA in Little Rock last summer. As a volunteer and an intern I learned so much about what takes places behind the scenes. I also had the opportunity to learn more about AHA and the International Pageant System’s partnership as I refreshed my CPR skills at the pageant with my sister queens.

A candid photo from our CPR practice at the pageant

My CPR certification from the American Heart Association

I received some awesome merchandise from my local heart association for my participation in the You’re the Cure Network this past year. Thank you AHA for all you do!!! I am looking forward to promoting heart health, attending events, and continuing to support the American Heart Association’s causes this year as Miss Teen International.

Go Red for Women Luncheon

My new gear from You’re the Cure

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts