Benefits of Massages

If you know me well, you know that I secretly wish I could have a spa at my house! I love getting my nails done, hair styled, and regular facials and massages. It is not always easy to squeeze in some "me" time given my schedule, but I try to do the best I can knowing that pampering yourself is an important way to reward your body for the hard work we put it through!


1. Massages help reduce anxiety and depression! Massages help reduce the stress hormone cortisol that results in lowering your blood pressure. It can also increase your neurotransmitter levels of serotonin and dopamine which help combat depression.

2. Having trouble sleeping? Regular massages could be the trick! Studies show that massages have an affect on delta waves, which is needed for deep sleep.

3. Stay healthy! Researchers have found that people who get regular massages have an increase in white blood cells, which help your body fight off germs and diseases.

4. For the ladies... The last thing you may be thinking of when it's that time of the month is getting a massage. But did you know that massages can help with PMS symptoms like bloating, fatigue and mood swings? It's true!

5. Be productive! It is found that those who receive regular massages, tend to be more alert and productive when completing tasks. Sign me up!

6. Stay young! Massages can help keep your skin youthful by increasing blood flow back into lackluster skin and encouraging lymphatic drainage, which helps flush out toxins from the body so that you have more room for nutrients.


I definitely didn't need more reasons to go get a massage, but knowing the health benefits does encourage me to make it a more regular part of my health regimen!

Here's to a nice, relaxing, and healthy massage!

Continuing to break the stigma,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts