Listening Ear

Recently I had the opportunity to visit and volunteer at the headquarters of 22KILL. Some of you may remember my blog post about my honor ring. If you didn’t get a chance to read it, you can find it here to familiarize yourself with the organization. 22KILL has gained national recognition lately and their sales have increased due to this, so I was able to show up for a surprise visit. Luckily, I have become pretty good friends with their organization so they were happy to see me. I don’t know what it is, but the guys love to wear my crown. Who would think that tough military guys would want to wear a crown, but it’s always a hit!


During my visit, I spent time fulfilling orders for honor rings and other 22KILL gear like shirts. The most meaningful thing I did while I was there, was to be able to sit and talk to a few veterans about life and the difficulties they faced. Things like their deployments and then returning home to their families and how their life was going right now. Being married to a veteran I can wholeheartedly relate to most, if not all, of the things that were discussed.


Sitting, listening and really being invested in not only our veteran’s lives, but also the lives of those around us is so important. Being that listening ear can turn someone’s bad day into an okay day. It can save them from doing the unthinkable. At the very least, you can make them laugh with your crown. After all, laughter is the best medicine.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts