Social Media

Now days our generation is open to a world of communication through social media. It gives us access to family and friends who we are not able to see as often as we would like. Social media is great for staying connected, but we do have to be careful on what we post. As a little girl I was taught, “Think before you speak,” but now, it’s more along the lines of, “Think before you post.” One post, can make or break a high school career, college career, and occupation. Especially, those of us who may be interested in becoming a part of Greek Life need to be cautious of what we post and/or are tagged in. A terrible part of social media is cyberbullying. Even through a screen, it still hurts. “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me” is not true to me. Words can cause some of the worst pain. Rise above putting people down, and instead share something uplifting.



Social media is great for sharing accomplishments, updates, important events, and fun times with family and friends. Remember, the judges are able to look at social media accounts with just one click! While preparing for Miss Teen International, I utilized the use of my social media accounts with every single appearance so the judges would know I was exactly who I said I was. One of my judges even came up to me after the pageant and told me she had been following all I had been doing since I won the state title. So trust me, they really do look! (Plus, all the appearances give you a lot to talk about in interview.)



Use social media in a positive, productive way! Show all of your friends and followers the good things you are doing and the many great things you have accomplished.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible.” – Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts