My Person

Some of you may have read my blog about the legacy you will leave behind. If not, you can find it here. My grandmother was a very influential figure in my life helping to mold me into the wife and mother that I am today. However, there was another amazing female in my life that made me who I am and continues to push me to give my all in all that I do. She’s my mom.

My parents got divorced when I was in the 3rd grade. My mom was a single mother who never complained about having to play the role of a mother and father. She never once complained about not having any time for herself, she never did by the way unless you count the 5 minute drive to and from school to her work. She drove me to sports practices, dance practice, piano, girl scouts, dance competitions on the weekends and followed the bus in her own car on the way to games. She never missed anything, ever. She worked hard and sacrificed so that I could have more or so she could buy me whatever I wanted, even when I didn’t need it or deserve it.


On Wednesday nights and Sunday’s you will find my mom at church. Other weekday evenings when there is a special event going on. She is a godly woman that always tells me to pray before anything. I can always count on her to be praying for me, often times before I know I actually have a prayer request. She never sees the bad in people, only the good. She will give the shirt off her back, even if you don’t need it. She never meets a stranger and has a smile that lights up a room.

She’s my person. She has shown me how to be a mother, when I had no clue how to change a diaper before the boys were born. She has counseled me and loved me when I was less than deserving of being loved. She encourages me and pushes me to get or do whatever I want.


After 43 years of working for the same company, in my hometown of Dillon, South Carolina she will be retired on March 30th. She’s scared, but of course she prayed and prayed for God to show her the right decision. As I am writing this blog, we have 8 days left until she arrives in Texas. Eight days until we don’t have to squeeze everything in we want to see or do for her long weekend trip because she has to get back to work. She says she won’t be here permanently, but as of now she is here until mid-June. Then she still won’t get rid of us, because we will be headed for our summer spot in Myrtle Beach until August. We are ALL so excited, YES, even Justin.


I know I am lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with her and that not everyone has that with their mother. I pray that you all have a female in your life that you have looked up to and that has shaped you into the amazing woman that you are today.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts