My Trip to Dallas

My second trip as Miss Teen International was to Dallas, Texas. We were only there for a few short days but we squeezed in as much as possible. It also was the first trip Amanda, Pricilla, and I did together!

Our first stop was at a local Boys and Girls Club! The kids loved being able to meet "princesses" but that was not the goal of our time there. We each spoke about our individual platforms; Dancing Through the Pain, Choose Love, and the True Beauty Movement! We especially emphasized loving your body and who you are. With everyone being different and having their own opinion, it is impossible to fit a "standard of beauty." You truly have to embrace who you are!


While in Dallas we had a meeting at the American Heart Association Headquarters! It was amazing to speak about how we can be as involved as we can this year. There are many programs that we will be able to be involved in and I couldn't be more excited. The night before the meeting we had dinner with a few of the ladies! Thank you for making us feel so comfortable and loved!



Amanda and I took some time to do some sightseeing and shopping. We visited Carlos Bakery and ate a few too many treats! After we were stuffed, we shopped at a few local boutiques. I even found a couple dresses for $10 each! Later that night, we went to the top of Reunion Tower to see the city lights and view the city.

Taking the tour and visiting the children at the Ronald McDonald House made my day. It was nice learning more about this amazing organization. Meeting some of those kids is a memory I will have forever. I also loved being able to meet the therapy dog and "Chief Cheer Officer" at the house. He does a great job brightening the children's lives everyday. Pricilla and I were able to go back one more time and drop off supplies that were on their Wishlist. If their is a local Ronald McDonald house near you, I encourage you to stop by or look at there website to see what items they need!



Pricilla and I were also able to take a tour and visit veterans at the Veterans Hospital in Dallas! It was amazing to meet men and women that have survived so much. I would like to thank all of them for their service. It is amazing just listening to some of their stories. I hope I will be able to visit again soon!


Overall it was a busy but amazing trip! I cannot wait to see what other adventures I will have soon!

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden

Garin Harris

Comments

Popular Posts