Crowing Tips: Internationals Orientation


Your heart is beating. Your preparations for the job have brought you to this moment and this week. It’s pageant orientation! The thrill and excitement have officially kicked in - maybe even a few nervous jitters.

Internationals Orientation gives you a chance to meet all the contestants, hear from our Sponsors and the reigning International representatives, and you’ll even find out your competition order. Typically contestants dress in interview, cocktail, or fashion attire and come down a little early to get group photos! I know that my heart was overflowing with prayer when I was preparing to go down to orientation last year. I couldn’t believe that it was finally here and I kept asking God to give me peace in His plans. He brought me to this moment and I trusted that He was going to use me for my good and His glory.

I learned so much about the organization and what to expect during the week from this fun kickoff event! Today, I’m sharing my top tips to help you make the most of your time during Internationals Orientation!

Relax

I get it - we all want the job. There will be plenty of time to stress later in the week; now is not the time for it. Orientation is not judged and you want to have fun with it. If you feel yourself mentally starting to “size up the competition”… I encourage you to breathe, pray, and remember why you are there. You are your own biggest competition. Focus on being the best version of yourself and having fun!

Take Notes and Listen

In college, I was the nerd who loved taking notes on everything. There is a lot of information that gets shared at Orientation and you want to soak it up like a sponge! I would highly suggest bringing a small notepad and pen. You’ll want to listen for certain notes about times, where to meet, suggested attire, or any specific directions. Our schedule is jam packed and you want to make sure you have all the information you need!

Don’t Worry About Line Up

Let’s be honest - finding out your placement in lineup is one of the most nerve wrecking things. I think there are a lot of myths about how your spot in lineup impacts the final results. Those myths are false. Trust me, I was toward the front of last year’s competition. It’s not about your competition number… it’s about your platform, how you perform, and your readiness for the job. Trust that God put you with that group of contestants for a reason!

I cannot wait to see you all at Internationals Orientation! It’s game time ladies!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts