No Beauty Shines Brighter Than A Good Heart


When it comes to pageants, some people immediately judge them or think that they aren't a positive thing. Most think they are judged purely on a girls “Beauty” or the amount they spend on a gown. However I am here to write about something I saw the other day that really resonated with me. “No beauty shines brighter than a good heart.”

For example, a titleholder is one who should light up a room when they walk in… and not because they have a sparkly crown on their head. You should see their personality, they should almost glow. Their smile should make you want to smile, and their positive energy should be contagious. They should make you want to be the best version of yourself, not make you feel like you need to be like them. They should make everyone feel like a “someone.” They should brighten others days, and if you think that comes from the makeup and crown, you couldn't be more wrong.

The most important thing for the judges to know about me going into pageant week, was my story. I made sure it was integrated in everything that I did and even into some things I wore. I knew I would be happy with myself if I would just be able to spread my platform to as many people as possible. Whether it was through social media or speaking onstage every post and every word made me one step closer to my goal.

So, for all of the state, regional, and country titleholders. You should not be more worried about your outfits and your hair and makeup than your platform work. When you walk into interview, they are not going to ask you who designed your gown, they are going to ask what you have done in your community and what you plan to do. Go into pageant week knowing that no beauty shines brighter than a good heart because you will not regret it.

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds."

-Orison Swett Marden

Garin Harris
Miss Teen International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts