Extreme Couponing Meets Extreme Giving!

Money is tight.  We all have had to buckle down and tighten our belts.  As a result, a lot of charities are not receiving the same level of donations that they once did.  Food pantries are reporting record lows and organizations such as the Salvation Army are trying to figure out how to encourage donors to give and how to stretch the donations that they receive.  Each year I participate in the Salvation Army’s Stocking Stuffer Program and I donate to my local Manna Food Center.
After watching an episode of Extreme Couponing, I realized that I could stretch the money that I spend on food donations by couponing!  First, I went to the Manna Food Center website, www.mannafood.org.  Under the “Donate Food” tab, they have a “Wish List” of food items.  I reviewed the list, and then I went to www.sundaysaver.com to look at the circulars for the major grocery stores and discount stores in my area.  I searched for coupons for the items identified on the Wish List.  It was very easy and after only about 30 minutes I found the coupons that I needed!  In the end, I was able to give more and save more at the same time, a Win-Win situation!
If you don’t have a lot of money, but you still want to help others who are less fortunate, coupons are a great way to make your money go further, for yourself and for others! 
Happy Couponing,
Ciji Dodds     
Miss International 2011

Comments

Popular Posts