Give the Gift of Literacy!
Trying to figure out what to give this holiday season? Give the gift of literacy. Here are a few special literacy initiatives for the holidays.
- First Book: From now until December 31, 2011, for every 1 dollar you donate to First Book, Disney Publishing has graciously agreed to donate 1 new book to a child in need!
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: Are you purchasing a Build –A- Bear? Build-A-Bear will donate 50 cents to First Book for every Read Teddy they sell this Christmas season.
- Barnes and Noble Holiday Book Drive: Barnes and Noble is holding a holiday book drive. Upon checkout, you will be asked whether you would like to donate a book. Books will benefit various literacy organizations.
- Philosophy: Are you a fan of philosophy’s fantastic bath and shower products. Well, philosophy is donating 100% of the net proceeds from all sales of their Sweet
Dreams Fresh Cream shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath to First Book.
- Better World Books: Every time you purchase a book, Better World Books donates a book to a child in need. http://www.betterworldbooks.com/go/book-for-book
- I See Me!: I See Me makes personalized books for kids, featuring their names and images. A personalized book is a great gift idea for a child of any age. When you check out, if you enter “firstbook” as a coupon code, they’ll will donate 10% of sales to First Book and plus you will get 10% off your order.
- Reach Out and Read: ROR is holding a special Holiday Book Drive. Click on the link to donate! https://www.reachoutandread.org/supporters/contribute/donation.aspx